Feburary 05, 2019
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers:
I am pleased to report that the New Jersey Department of Education, has renewed the charter of The Barack Obama Green Charter High School. I would like to thank the Board of Trustees, the Staff, the Students and the Parents who helped us during the renewal process.
Although this is a time for celebration, we must remember that we still have tremendous work to do, in order to make BOGCHS a Tier 1, Blue Ribbon School. In order to accomplish this task, I will be leaning heavily on you to support and reiterate the mission and vision of the school and to stress the importance of academic excellence.
In the coming months, I will be reaching out to you in order to:
- Help revise the current mission statement
- Brainstorm ways to better reach your child academically
- Explore resources and programs that you would like to see implemented
- Explore new locations for the school
- Relaunch the PTO (parent teacher organization)
Again, I thank you for your support during the renewal process and I look forward to working with you to achieve the goals listed above.
Your Partner in Education,
Mrs. Erin Murphy- Richardson